ECJS 189 GNR Clerestory
Designed: For East Coast Joint Stock
Built:1894 at Doncaster (Diagram number 57, 25)
Uses: Employed on the Kings Cross -Edinburgh Service
Modified to incorporate pantry 1909, withdrawn 1927. Body grounded as pig shed for 60 years, then salvaged in 1989 by M Ford at Holme Trading Estate. Now on an underframe, bogies ex LNER 6450 (Gresley suburban) 52 ft 6 in. 6 Jan 98: early demolition threatened. Acquired by Stephen Middleton and moved to Embsay.
read more - 'Restoration & Use'